Depending on the purpose of your travel to Austria, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion. Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside there permanently, you will have to apply for a different Austria Schengen Visa, accordingly.
You can apply for the Austrian Schengen Visa since 1997 when Austria as an EU Member State also became a member state of the Schengen Area.
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format a recent whole-face capture with a light background
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas valid for at least 3 months beyond return date are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Austria and itinerary
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Austria
- Hotel reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Austria.
- Proof of civil status (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- More information: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/austria-visa/
The invitation letter will be issued after the successful registration.
Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
Please note the organizing committee of the conference are not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by
ICCTA Conferences and conference Committee Board. Should your application be denied,
ICCTA Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will
ICCTA Conferences and the organizing committee of the conference engage in discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee cannot be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied.
It takes time for the Embassy to process the VISA application, please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time.